I picked this recipe from one of the Nutricia Cookery lessons and I find it it works so well everytime and it’s easy and quick to make. Today, I made the dough and tried to make Pizza base, some bread rolls and a rustic loaf. They turned out fantastically. Texture and taste was very similar to wheat versions. I am sharing the recipe and techniques and I hope you will have the same pleasant experience as I did.
Low Protein Basic Bread Dough Recipe
200 ml Sno Pro
250 ml Water
500 g Loprofin Mix
2 sachets of yeast ( comes with Loprofin Mixes)
2 tsp of physllium husks
3 tbls olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
extra Loprofin Mix for dusting, shaping
- Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well until the mixture well combined and there are no lumps. (salt and yeast should not be put on top of each other so mix dry ingredients as you go).
- Fill kitchen sink with hot water from tap and put the bowl with the dough mixture in it to sit until it doubles in size. (this step and 2 sachets of yeast makes the process quicker). It should be ready in 10-20 minutes.
- Place large sheet of greaseproof paper on the work surface to protect it from it getting sticky. Pour some of the Loprofin Mix on it and pour the dough on top. Dust your hands with more flour and start bringing the dough together.
- This is the basic dough that can be shaped into rolls, or bread loaf. After shaping place the rolls, bread on a lined baking sheet and leave to prove for 15 minutes whilst the oven is preheating. Bake the rolls and the bread for 30 min in the oven at 200C degrees or 180C degrees Fan oven.
- You can also spread the dough in a small cake tin to create a pizza base and decorate it with selection of toppings. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes at 200C degrees (180C degrees fan oven).